Washroom controls specialist Rada has launched Intelligent Care – its latest generation of digital taps designed exclusively for healthcare.
The newly designed range is the culmination of extensive research with healthcare professionals to address the challenges they face in delivering patient care. It means achieving the highest levels of infection control and user safety have been designed into every element of the Intelligent Care range.
- Water flow and temperature controls are non-touch, minimising the risk of cross infection.
- Internal surfaces have been minimised and workings simplified so water cannot collect – reducing the opportunity for bacterial growth.
- Smooth exterior surfaces with no joins removes areas prone to bacterial growth making cleaning easy and more effective.
The Intelligent Care range is fully digital. A single tap or a network of products can be connected to an existing building management system, or controlled directly via the Rada app. Digital controls also bring precision to water management, helping to further improve infection control and also save valuable resources.
- Timed flow and precise water temperature control promotes effective handwashing, minimising the risk of infection, and guards against scalding.
- Automated functions remove the need for staff to undertake hygiene measures, improving services and giving staff more time to focus on care giving.
- Hygiene measures only happen when required, helping to conserve precious water and energy resources and save costs.
- Increased accuracy removes the potential for human error in undertaking hygiene measures, improving infection control regimes.
- Smart data logging gives healthcare providers clear evidence of compliance with required guidelines, optimising systems with data-driven adjustments.
Katy Rogers, Commercial Business Director at Rada, comments: “We understand delivering a clean, safe and efficient healthcare space creates tough challenges. Intelligent Care has been designed to meet healthcare professionals’ demands to minimise the risk of infection. We firmly believe it transforms the role a tap plays in creating safe healthcare spaces.”
The range includes basin and panel mounted taps available with non-touch temperature and flow controls – making it ideal for all clinical and non-clinical settings including patient wards, surgical scrub rooms or visitor washrooms.
Rada is the leading manufacturer of taps and showers specifically for healthcare. It understands the challenges and demands healthcare professionals on the frontline face.